I am looking for stories written as personal essays, with actionable messages and takeaways for our readers. Please read over several posts before submitting. As this is a new publication, there is no financial compensation at this time. What you will get in return is exposure. I have several social media platforms, readers’ groups, and other venues to share your work. Think of it as practice for when you are famous. Here are the guidelines:
- Limit to 1000-1500 words, if it is a bit over that make it relevant to the piece.
- Only totally unique and original work.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, since I feel that it’s unreasonable to expect writers to give a magazine an exclusive look at a work. I want writers to have every possible opportunity for success. Just let me know when that happens, so I can pull your submission.
- You retain all rights to the work submitted. You just give me permission to post and promote it.
- I will not accept any work that even hints that it might be plagiarized.
- One submission at a time please.
- I will usually respond within 2-4 weeks.
- Submit via email, as a google doc link to firstname.lastname@example.org . The subject line should read, “Submission for ATL” No attachments.
- Your story will remain published as long as it is relevant or you tell me to pull it.
Note about editing: I reserve the right to make minor changes to any draft submitted to the publication (Typos, grammar, title/subtitle changes, picture changes, etc.) Please make sure it is as clean a copy as possible. I strongly encourage Grammarly or a similar app.