and what I know for sure
I am at the the beginning of the rest of my life, the start of the second half of my life on this planet. I have learned a lot over the years. Some things I learned the hard way. I never seem to take the easy road. Here are the things I know for sure in no particular order.
- People want more than anything to be relevant, heard and loved.
- Not every thing you want is what you need.
- People lie to protect themselves.
- Sleep is elusive and should be respected.
- Children are wise if you just take the time to listen.
- When you have the opportunity to act, do so. You may not get a second chance.
- Dogs are here to love you even when you don’t love yourself.
- Giving someone your full attention will defuse almost any volatile situation. See #1 above.
- You can treat someone with dignity even if you don’t like them.
- You can survive, move forward and get what you need by respectfully standing on your belief.
For all the things I know about this life there are a million things I do not know. I want to learn them and the easy way this time. The best way is not to resist.
You know as well as I do that life is short. I will say the words, do the things, and take the risk. I will stand on the edges and look over. I will leap when I am too scared to jump. I plan to take all the opportunities I can when they are offered in front of me.
This is my life. This is all I have. I will be true to myself. I will not hide it away from the world. I will be brave. I will dare to be different and not follow the crowd. I will take better care of me since this is the only me I will ever have.
I will not experience the beauty and weirdness of life by standing on the porch. I have to get up and run after it. Life won’t bring the good stuff to me.
I will trust however I will not let others neglect me. I am worth more than that to those who love me and those are the only humans who matter.
I will not entertain negativity. I will simply walk away.
I will be confident. I can and I will finish this life leaving this place better than I found it, but before I go I will live with purpose. I will learn what I do not know.